The production of high-purity thermoplastic film is a potentially profitable ever-expanding business. Certain actions can be taken to achieve cost minimization, crucial for economic equilibrium and high quality of applications. The implementation of a top-performing, continuous and self-cleaning screen changer becomes a strategic enabling choice that goes far beyond technical solutions.
(This post is available in italian language | Questo post è disponibile in italiano)
MANUFACTURING HIGH-PURITY THERMOPLASTIC FILM
If you deal with the production of thermoplastic film and cast film, blown film, filaments, non-woven, wire & cable, pipes, technical items requiring a high purity level and intended, among others, for medical and optical-grade applications, you have both economic and strategic prerequisites for a highly profitable plastic production business.
Any plastic film manufactured by BOPP, BOPET, PE, PP, ABS, PET, Nylon, PA, or PS extrusion is considered a high-quality film because of its high purity grade – e.g. if detectable impurities in end applications are smaller than 30 microns, the relevant thermoplastic film is a top quality film.
MINIMIZING PRODUCTION COSTS OF HIGH-QUALITY THERMOPLASTIC FILM
Current plastic extrusion industrial framework is characterised by a high demand for high-quality thermoplastic film and high-quality thermoplastic film high prices. Similarly, procurement and production costs strongly affect any manufacturer’s cost effectiveness and profitability.
Maintaining the right balance between costs and revenues while manufacturing high-end applications is a challenge that requires targeted choices and cost containment.
How to reduce costs and keep them down?
HOW TO ACHIEVE HIGH QUALITY AND COST REDUCTION IN PLASTIC EXTRUSION
Here follow 4 tips to keep profitability in high-quality thermoplastic film production:
- Mix virgin polymers with a percentage of polymers from recycled plastic – to minimize overall raw material costs means to reduce costs and comply with environment protection rules at a time.
- Filter impurities in your extrusion system – implement a high-filtration screen changer.
- Choose an easy-to-use sturdy screen changer with no moving mechanical components, motors, or hydraulic components – as moving parts are subject to tear and wear and require ongoing maintenance, any screen changer with no moving components or parts subject to tear and wear involves low investments and maintenance costs.
- Choose a continuous and self-cleaning screen changer – to zero production line downtimes due to maintenance, cleaning, and check interventions means to have a production process free from forced interruptions and to achieve minimized management costs.
COFIT AP SERIES: PERFORMING CONTINUOUS AND SELF-CLEANING SCREEN CHANGERS
The AP series by Cofit offers top performing continuous and self-cleaning screen changers, suitable for filtering high-quality thermoplastic film. Cofit AP continuous and self-cleaning screen changers operate at over-500-bar pressure and offer filtering levels exceeding 10 microns.
AP screen changers are user friendly and sturdy and do not need any motor or hydraulic or pneumatic components. Being easy to use and virtually indestructible, they do not require high start-up investments or maintenance costs for standard operation.
Implementing a Cofit AP screen changer in your extrusion system is not just making a winning technical choice – it is a strategic and cost-effective choice that helps maximising profits deriving from finished products by:
- Allowing the production of high-quality plastic film
- Dramatically reducing maintenance production interruptions
- Extending the entire system life cycle.
Cofit deals with research, engineering, manufacturing, and distribution of continuous screen changers, either automatic or manual, intended for any industrial sector and process material. Contact us to maximize your plastic extrusion line with a continuous screen changer and to manufacture high-quality thermoplastic film.