Manufacturing high-purity thermoplastic film offers the chance to target markets looking for increasingly pure and high-quality applications – such as food and medical sectors – in the perspective of accruing excellent revenues. To get these benefits, plastic extrusion should follow some key rules. Implementing a top-performing continuous and self-cleaning screen changer becomes a strategic enabling choice.
MANUFACTURING HIGH-LEVEL PURITY PLASTICS
Within the field of extrusion plastics, today the production of high-quality thermoplastic film is a strategic industrial choice bound to be a success. A plastic film resulting from the extrusion of BOPP, BOPET, PE, PP, ABS, PET, Nylon, PA, and PS is to be considered a high-quality film when its purity grade is particularly high, e.g., whenever detectable impurities in the end application are smaller than 30 microns.
The production of plastic film offering such a high purity grade turns into a strategic economic factor for production cost-effectiveness and profitability – offering the chance to target high-end application markets (such as ever-growing food and medical ones) means to work in highly profitable markets.
HOW TO ACHIEVE PLASTIC EXTRUSION EFFICACY AND EFFICIENCY
In order to achieve top quality and profitability in thermoplastic film production, some rules should be followed aimed at ensuring both profits and quality. Here are 5 key rules:
- Use low-contamination polymers – the key rule to manufacture high-purity plastic.
- Mix virgin polymers with a percentage of polymers from recycled plastic – the key rule to minimize overall raw material costs and comply with environment protection rules and regulations that impose the use of a percentage of recycled plastic.
- Equip the extrusion system with a high-filtering screen changer – the key rule to better manage the percentage of recycled plastic and to offer a top-quality end product free from impurities.
- Choose a continuous and self-cleaning screen changer – the key rule to minimize management costs and to zero production line downtimes.
- Choose a screen changer involving low investments and maintenance costs, which is user friendly and sturdy, possibly with no moving mechanical components, motors, or hydraulic components, thus preventing component tear and wear and minimizing maintenance interventions.
SCREEN CHANGERS FROM COFIT AP SERIES
The AP series by Cofit meets all the above conditions. Cofit AP continuous and self-cleaning screen changers operate at over-500-bar pressure and offer filtering levels exceeding 10 microns. Moreover, AP screen changers do not need any motor or hydraulic or pneumatic components, are amazingly sturdy, besides offering minimized operation interruptions for maintenance interventions and extremely low investments at start-up and standard operation.
An extrusion system equipped with an AP series screen changer drastically reduces operation interruptions due to maintenance interventions, extends the entire system life cycle and above all enables the production of high-quality film, thus maximizing profits resulting from the sale of end products.
Cofit deals with research, designing, manufacturing and distribution of continuous screen changers, either automatic or manual, intended for any sector and process material. Contact us to see how a continuous screen changer can optimize your plastic extrusion line and offer high-quality film.